Monday, 21 March 2011

Energy Performance Certificates for Holiday Lets

As from the 30th June 2011 short term holiday lets will need an Energy Performance Assessment (EPC).  An EPC will be required for a property rented out as a holiday let where the building is occupied as a result of a short term letting arrangement and is rented out for a combined total of 4 months or more in any 12 month period.  Prior to this holiday lets have been exempt from the requirement.  The trigger point for the requirement is at the time when the property is first rented out following the 30th of June, as an EPC can be obtained for holiday lets prior to this date owners would be wise to consider obtaining one as soon as possible.
The owner, not the agent will have responsibility for obtaining the EPC.  From July the agent will need to attach the EPC to the written particulars where these are provided.
EPC’s are potentially useful to the owners of short term holiday lets as they suggest measures which can reduce the use of energy, and as the cost of heating and lighting of holiday accommodation is in most cases borne directly by the owners, the rising fuel prices can significantly reduce the income from rents. Therefore saving energy can make a significant difference to the viability of the business.
For expert advice and help with your holiday lets, contact:
Lynn Edwards MA MCIEH MCIH

Domestic Energy Assessor

Tel: 01454 323340 or 07973 166692

Posted via email from Copper Phoenix's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment


Marketing services

Developing strategy, practical help, training and more.



About us

Adaptable, analytical and an absolute focus on delivering your goals.



Let us help you

To find out more, please don’t hesitate to contact us.